- Choose one of the assignment options listed below.
- The report should be 3 paragraphs in length. (About 10-15 sentences total)
- You should cite at least two references. MLA format is best for this. (Tell me where you got the information, like a work cited page or bibliography)
- Plagiarism is ALWAYS unacceptable, so no "copy/paste."
- Please use proper grammar and spelling.
1. Write a report on Broadway musicals. You could include the history of musicals, major composers, major productions, styles, and staging differences. Talk about your
favorite parts and why.
2. Write a report on a popular singer or band. Talk about how they got their start in music and discuss one of their songs in detail. Talk about the meaning of the song
but also about any musical details: rhythm, instruments, chords, etc.
3. Write a report on a movie musical you've seen, such as West Side Story, Hairspray, High School Musical, Phantom of the Opera, Guys and Dolls, Wizard of Oz, etc. Be sure to include information about the characters, performers, composer, plot, and music.
4. Choose a famous composer and write an essay about his or her life, contributions to music, and important compositions. (Think Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Bach Mozart, Vivaldi, etc) OR CHOOSE A FEMALE COMPOSER, because their are many, just underrepresented in history.
5. Write a report about the importance of vocal health. Describe the vocal mechanism and explain how to remain in good vocal health. Discuss the “Do’s” and “Don’ts” of taking care of your voice.
6. Choose a career in music (examples include: music teacher, music producer, sound engineer, professional instrumentalist or singer, etc) to research and write a report about necessary skills for this job, training, employment possibilities, salary, and job responsibilities.
Created by John Garland:
Monday, November 23 7:22 PM