The Holy Family GIVE Scholarship is a selective four-year scholarship for high-performing fifth-eighth grade students with financial need. It offers a comprehensive faith-based, rigorous, academic education, for children who aspire to receive a Catholic education.
A selection committee comprised of the donor, pastor, and principal will review each application individually. The committee selects the Holy Family GIVE Scholarship recipients using the criteria below.
- High academic ability and achievement: Strong academic record, academic awards and honors, and letters of recommendation from previous school. Consideration given to achievement test scores, commitment to learning, and work ethic.
- Financial need: Family income does not exceed $60,000.
- Commitment to Faith: Determination and perseverance in the face of challenges, ability to remain focused on God and to rely on prayer and faith in face of obstacles.
- Leadership: Able to positively influence others and take initiative in various circumstances (family, community, school, church, etc.).
- Service to others: Purposeful and meaningful commitment to others which may be evidenced by participation in volunteer/community service activities.
How Many Selected
A minimum of four, fifth through eighth grade students will be selected by April 15, 2020 for the first cohort which will begin in the Fall of 2020.
To be eligible for the Holy Family GIVE Scholarship, the applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Grade level – Entering 5th – 8th grade in the fall of 2020.
- Academics – Since the beginning of 3rd grade, have earned grades of all A and/or B in core academic subjects (English/language arts, math, science, social studies, religion).
- Testing – above average standardized test scores
- Income – Family income does not exceed $60,000, verified through the Archdiocese of Detroit's FACTS tuition assistance program. Applications will be available in January 2020.
- Family income does not exceed $60,000, verified through tuition assistance application.
- Parish Affiliation – Family must be a member of a Catholic parish.
- Submit a 500-word student-written essay explaining why the student is seeking a Catholic education.
Students will receive a full renewable scholarship for continued enrollment through completion of eighth grade if all eligibility requirements remain unchanged.
Please contact the Holy Family Regional School office to obtain application information. Applications due by March 31, 2020.