1. Carry your books to and from school in your backpack in a large waterproof bag, especially if you carry food or drinks in your backpack. Keep your books out of puddles. Remember: Don't give your book a bath!
2. Keep books away from food and beverages. Please have snacks before or after reading your library books and keep them away from areas where food is served. Remember: Don't feed your book!
3. Keep books away from younger siblings who might scribble in, or tear books. Books do not make good baby toys!
4. Keep books away from pets. Books are not good pet food.
5. Turn pages carefully from the top right corner, not the bottom.
6. Make sure your hands are clean when reading library books.
7. Protect the spine of the book by always using a bookmark rather than placing it face down with the pages open.
8. Always use a bookmark instead of turning down pages or using a post it, which leaves a residue. Do not use objects not meant to be bookmarks, such as pencils. Anything too thick will break the book's spine.
9. Designate one particular place to store library books and return books there after each reading.
10. Read it! Have someone read it to you or you read to them!
11. Return your book on time so others may enjoy it.