Middle School ROCKS!
October 14-18, 2019
Middle School ROCKS is a few days away, and we are very excited to share with you some of the activities.
Today, the students learned about the various activities, games, challenges, and Coffee House presentations during Middle School ROCKS Week. Read through the week for ideas and sign-up clarifications. Students learned about Joke Day, Coffee House performances, and the competitions from their teachers. Sign up for these events started today.
Monday, October 14, Non-Uniform! Wear your MS ROCKS T-shirt
- Morning Announcement pertaining to week.
- Non-uniform day! Students should wear their
Middle School ROCKS T-shirt with non-uniform
bottoms: pants, jeans, etc. Please consult the
Student Handbook for non-uniform dress
- Lunch challenge: Homeroom teachers and their students will compete against other homeroom teachers and students.
Tuesday, October 15
- Morning Announcement developing theme
- Sign Up for the Coffee House: The Coffee House will be on Thursday; it’s not too late to sign up on Tuesday.
- Sign up for Joke Day: Students present a joke written or typed on a sheet of paper to their Homeroom teachers to approve. The students will write out the joke they hope to tell, present it to the homeroom teacher to read and approve. If approved, the teacher writes: Approved by their Homeroom teacher. Then students bring the approved jokes and slips with signature to the stage area on Wednesday, and they present the signed joke to Mrs. Kober, Mrs. Peterson, Mrs. Flasck, Mrs. Lajiness who will create a line-up for telling the jokes.
Wednesday, October 16
- Joke Day during lunch.
Thursday, October 17
- Mass Day, no announcements
- Coffee House at Lunch: The Coffee House is a chance for the students to play piano, sing, dance a solo or with a group, juggle, play guitar, a brass instrument or present a comedy routine or share any other talent they would like.
Friday, October 18
- Non-uniform day with students wearing
their Middle School ROCKS shirt and
- Holy Family plays Holy Family Feud at lunch.
Thank you, Parents, helping us build and support this Middle School Community that we all love. You ROCK!
God bless you and your families!