Young 5 Program
- Children must be 5 years of age by December 31st of the year applying.
- Completion of a 4 year old pre-school program recommended.
- Parents must provide child's official birth certificate, baptismal certificate, immunization record, and pre-school progress report.
- HFRS will provide a pre-school input form which must be completed by the pre-school teacher and returned prior to child's screening.
- Completion of HFRS readiness screening with a Young 5 teacher.
The curriculum includes religion, language arts (reading, writing, speaking, listening), math, science, social studies, art, music, library, physical education, and free choice time.
Young 5 students also participate in experiences that encourage the development of Christian values, life skills, work habits, and citizenship.
Teacher & Class Information:
- Students are taught by a fully-certified early childhood teacher.
- A teacher assistant is present on a full-time basis.
- The Young 5 class has a student to teacher ratio of approximately 9:1
Times & Transportation:
- Class is in session Monday through Friday from 8:45 to 3:45 p.m. (starting 2022-2023 school year)
- The Young 5 schedule follows the Holy Family Regional School calendar.
- Rochester Community Schools provides transportation for Young 5 students.
Young 5 students abide by the Holy Family Uniform Policy.
For further information about the Young 5 Program, please contact Jeanette Izzi, Director of Enrollment, at 248-299-3798 x 106